Sunday, March 09, 2008


Lake Home Scenes

Word of the Day

Funner - To be more than fun.


It's Sunday. Tomorrow is Monday. And the next day is Tuesday. Tuesday is when, if all has gone right, Gypsy's cast will come off and maybe she can start getting her leg muscles exercising. Poor baby. I pray this time that the surgery has worked and we don't have to go through all this a third time. She's feeling fine, at least from all the cavorting and running and jumping she seems to want to do I can tell that she's not feeling any pain. There's no way until the unveiling to know if the operation was successful or not.

I can't start a countdown clock on going to The Lake as yet. HTP and I haven't settled on a definite date for departure. We still cogitating. In the meantime, I continue editing my To Do and Packing List. And...I think I'll keep posting pictures from The Lake. I'm not eager to rush up there right now....not while I know for a fact that the temperatures are incredibly FREEZING! As far as I know, the plumber probably can't even get down our road to hook up the water yet. I imagine the temperatures at the beginning of May will be REALLY cold but I'm hoping they won't be FREEZING. I can handle the cold part. Snow is a pretty thing to see but I'm not into FREEZING. I'm not sure how Gypsy will deal with the cold but, then again, I'm not sure how she'll react to traveling cross country for several days before finding herself at The Lake with all kinds of new smells and new experiences. Grass! Dry leaves! Chipmunks and squirrels. Deer. Porcupines. Skunks. Rabbits. A lake. Woods full of creatures. Toads and Frogs and Bears...Oh my! I hope she doesn't like to eat Junebugs. That's REALLY gross!

It's still pretty cold here in Arizona. Sweater weather. I know that if I stand out in the sun I could probably ditch the sweater later this afternoon but I don't tend to stand out in the sun too often. Maybe, if I can get HTP outside to trim the palm trees, I'll spend some time outside today.

Murphyism of the Day

Schyer's Law of Relativity for Programmers


If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor.

- Neil Gaiman

No comments: