Wednesday, March 26, 2008


One Tired Puppy

Word of the Day

Gidiot - 1. One who is giddy with love. 2. One who is head over heels in love.


I've got one tired puppy. Gypsy is snoozing happily at my feet. Today was our first physical therapy session. The session lasted one hour. The physical therapist was really pleased with her. I have a series of exercises that we'll be doing on a daily basis. The goal is to build up muscle mass in Gypsy's hind quarters. Gypsy even got a ten minute swim session. That's it for today, except for a controlled walk after supper tonight. Every day I'll have to make sure Gypsy gets a workout. I have to set up an obstacle course which will force her to bend her knees. She CAN bend her knees...she chooses not to bend her knees. We get to play tug-a-war. She's supposed to walk on the gravel as much as possible. I'm supposed to encourage her to jump up onto two legs. There will be two to three controlled walks a day. And, once a day she's going to have to go swimming...in my bathtub. This is going to be one very clean dog by the time I bring her back for her next and final PT session. This physical therapist has all kinds of expensive equipment. There's a water tank/treadmill. While I was there, a pitbull was working out in the tank. Hip problems. Gypsy has a bad hip too but the physical therapist doesn't think it's too bad. He says that Gypsy's daily swim sessions will make surgery unnecessary. Now....all I've got to do is bring those 2x4's in from the garage and set up my obstacle course. HTP's gonna love this.

Murphyism of the Day

Leo Beiser's Computer Axiom


When putting it into memory, remember where you put it.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The modern rule is that every woman should be her own chaperon.

- Amy Vanderbilt

No comments: