Thursday, March 27, 2008


Lake Home


Word of the Day

Gihugic - A size descriptor indicating something bigger than huge.


I started working with Gypsy this morning. Physical Therapy....The Home Version. I dragged four boards in from the garage to set up my cavaletti course. Gypsy reluctantly walked back and forth over the boards. I'll have to figure out a way of anchoring the boards so that she doesn't kick them over so often. We'd already filled our quota of walking on an uneven surface. We do that every day. I have desert landscaping and Gypsy has to walk on the gravel (uneven surface) whenever she has to go outside to take care of business. After walking the cavaletti course, (I still think it sounds like some sort of pasta...), Gypsy and I walked briskly around the block. We'll have to take two more such walks today. While we took our walk, we practiced "heel"ing and "sitting". As long as we have to take walks, I might as well throw in a bit of training. One of the exercises is for Gypsy to sit correctly and then stand back up. She has a tendency to slouch her hind legs off to the side when she sits. I'm not supposed to let her do that during our exercise sessions. Next? I'll have to figure out if my bathtub is deep enough for Gypsy to do her swim exercises. That will have to wait until after breakfast. I refuse to deal with a wet dog until after I've had my half a bagel.

Murphyism of the Day

Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming


Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect.

- George Carlin

No comments: