Tuesday, March 11, 2008


Deck Garden

Word of the Day

Furbula - The designated chewing area on a dog's back.


No More Pretty Pink Casts! Whoohoo! HTP and I took Gypsy to the vet this morning for the great unveiling. I was so scared that we'd have to leave her for further surgery. Nope. She's Home! Of course, she's got one REALLY goofy leg right now. "Goofy" is the word the surgeon used. I have to concur. Right now when she walks that leg is circling and waving a bit like a flag. I'm sure that will correct itself. That one leg has been in a cast for a month. It'll take some time to get some muscle use back. The vet told us to keep Gypsy quiet. No running, no jumping, no walking except to go outside to do her thing for the next two weeks. Her knees need to heal some more from the inside now. Physical therapy can start if all looks well at Gypsy's re-check in a couple of weeks. I didn't even know that they had dog physical therapists. Go figure. In the meantime, Gypsy is sitting in her box under my desk...licking her leg. Licking and licking. I suppose I may have to put a stop to that if it gets too much.

Murphyism of the Day

Liz's Law


If you spend hours trying to sign on to a busy server, your connection will be lost as soon as you get on.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The aging process has you firmly in its grasp if you never get the urge to throw a snowball.

- Doug Larson

No comments: