Sunday, March 23, 2008


In Their Easter Bonnets (DD Daughter and MC Daughter)

Word of the Day

Geekify - To turn someone to the geek side of the force - most often turning someone else into a geek through mentorship.


Happy


Easter


Everyone!



I overslept! After setting my alarm clock for 4 AM, I didn't even hear it go off. However, my inner alarm clock nudged me at 4:05 AM so I was able to compensate for those five lost minutes and I still got to church on time. On time for me means that I was a bit more than five minutes early for the rest of the world. We had plenty of time to go over all the music before the service began. I was back in my car, driving home, before 7 AM. I even stopped at the grocery store to pick up some last minute breakfast items.

Hungry! I was hungry! Although I KNOW that you should never go grocery shopping when you're hungry, I was too hungry to care. I bought Hot-crossed buns. They looked good and I'd never had one before. I also bought bagels and cream cheese. I haven't had a bagel in ages. I love Everything bagels. I also bought some blueberry pie filling...just in case HTP wanted blueberry pancakes for breakfast. He didn't.

I ate one bagel while I was waiting for the pot of coffee to brew. HTP wanted eggs for breakfast. I made peppered bacon and eggs with toast for him. Me? As long as I was making bacon, I figured that I'd make some for myself. I do love bacon. However, I decided that I'd skip the eggs and toast and instead I ate a couple of hot-crossed buns. I doubt that I'll buy them again. They're OK but I think I prefer stollen. However, please note, I did have to eat two of the things before making this decision. Oh...and mimosas. What would a Sunday brunch be without mimosas?

We're having prime rib for dinner tonight. I was going to make a ham because HTP really loves ham. However, it's time to start using up stuff that I've got in the freezer. How did I end up with two prime rib roasts in my freezer? I've also got a turkey in the freezer. It's way past time to start using these things up. Normally, I save this sort of thing for holiday meals but I've run out of "official" holiday meals. HTP and I are going to have to start inventing holidays between now and the end of April. Since I'll still end up buying a ham for HTP, this means that I need to come up with at least three invented holidays. Let's see....I've got to bottle the arancello and the tangelocello, and then there's all that wine that needs bottling. Bottling the Brew Holiday! I need to play at the church one more time before HTP and I depart for The Lake. How about....The Last Toot Holiday? I was thinking about a Bon Voyage Holiday but these holiday meals always end up generating at least a week's worth of leftovers which will need to be enjoyed. I'll have to think on it a bit more.

Murphyism of the Day

Sullivan's Lemma


Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

- Nikita Khrushchev

No comments: