Wednesday, July 09, 2008


A Blue Heron Fishing Off My Dock - July 2008


Word of the Day

Inscape - To escape into one's self; to escape inwardly.


I haven't been spending too much time hiking. MC Daughter and D Buddy are going to be heading off to new adventures (pulling out and hitting the open road) in a matter of hours, so I decided to stick closer to home today. For the most part, they're doing laundry and packing today so....me? I decided to haul the lawn-sprinkler tractor out of the garage, lay track (hose) and water the lawn. The grass in our yard is getting pretty crisp. We haven't had any measurable rain since when I went to New York. We need rain! Anyway, watering the lawn with the my lawn-sprinkler tractor isn't something that I need to keep too close an eye on...unless it jumps the track but...with no real close neighbors, even if it does jump the track, it won't be causing problems in someone else's yard.

D Buddy and MC Daughter stopped over to visit Sis yesterday. They picked up the two fermentation buckets of Rhubarb Wine that Sis had over at her place and brought them over here. I added gelatin to the buckets and then installed the air-locks. D Buddy took one of the buckets down to my basement to age. The other one is up in my living room next the bucket of Strawberry Wine that is bubbling away. As soon as I've strained the must out of the Strawberry Wine, Sis and I will blend a couple of gallons of the Strawberry Wine with a couple of gallons of the Rhubarb Wine before taking everything down to the basement to age.

MC Daughter and D Buddy set off some fountains (fireworks) last night in our driveway. They were just some fountains that #1 Son had out in the garage. Nothing huge. I love the little fountains. They don't cost nearly as much as the artillery shells that #1 Son loves to set off from out dock. They last longer too. More "bang" for your buck and all that. I wonder if I can talk #1 Son into buying some more fountains at the Fireworks store next time he comes to visit. It was nice standing outside in the driveway last night with D Buddy and MC Daughter as they set off the fountains. Pretty.

Murphyism of the Day

Lawrence's Law


A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It is only the great men who are truly obscene. If they had not dared to be obscene, they could never have dared to be great.

- Havelock Ellis (1859 - 1939)

No comments: