Saturday, July 26, 2008


Gypsy on Patrol

Word of the Day

JABUPS - Jargon Articulated By Unintelligible Public Servants.


When life gives you lemons....well...in this case, blueberries...it's time to make pie. I mixed up a recipe of pie crust this morning, stuck it in the fridge to cool for a bit more than four hours, and then baked a blueberry pie. I didn't even have to use any of the blueberries from Blueberry Hill. HTP bought me a couple of dry pints of blueberries when he went grocery shopping the other day. I needed to use the blueberries. In the meantime, I have three and a half cups of blueberries from Blueberry Hill...which I froze. I really should have picked blueberries again today but...I ran out of steam. I only had enough energy to pick the raspberries. I figured that since the blueberry bushes on Blueberry Hill are covered in netting and the raspberry bushes are exposed to all marauding birds and rodents, it would be best to at least pick the raspberries before the early bird got the raspberry...or chipmunk. I'll pick the blueberries tomorrow morning. I think I'll make blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I'll have to pick the green beans tomorrow too. Again. Gypsy is just going to have to get over the sound the lids of my canning jars make when they seal. "Ping!"...and Gypsy starts barking up a storm, racing to the door to check where the sound is coming from. This is going to be a really interesting canning season. There's going to be a lot of pinging going on in my kitchen so she's going to have to get used to it.

In the meantime, I made some beef stew for Gypsy. We're almost out of chicken stew. I know that she likes green beans....at least...she enjoyed the bits of raw green beans that I gave her. I hope she likes them cooked because there's green beans in her beef stew.

Murphyism of the Day

Buckwald's Law


As the economy gets better, everything else gets worse.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting.

- Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

No comments: