Monday, July 21, 2008


Old Grey Frog Picking Blueberries on Blueberry Hill - 2007

Word of the Day

Iono - Shortened form of "I don't know".


I brought a container of crayfish (mudbugs) over to my sister this morning. I have more in my traps by the dock that I really should collect and boil but....they'll just have to wait until later. I'm getting tired of cleaning crayfish. While I was at Sis' place, Sis and I decided to hike down to check on the wild blueberries. We picked 1/4 cup of the ripened wild blueberries that we saw. Not too many. However, maybe, if we continue to fertilize, there will be more wild blueberries in the coming years. In the meantime, when I got home, I picked about a pint or more of my own blueberries (the tame variety) and it looks like I'll have lots more to come. This was my first picking of the season. My tame blueberries sure make the wild ones look tiny.

The green beans in my garden look like they'll need picking by this weekend...if not sooner. They're already a lot bigger than I was expecting. However, even though I probably could pick enough for HTP and me to have for supper tonight...I'll wait. I picked more sugarsnap peas instead and HTP and I enjoyed a few of them, raw, with our lunch today. As for the beans, it looks like I'd better think about hauling my canning kettle up from the basement, along with my canning jars. I planted lots of beans again this year.


Murphyism of the Day

Horngren's Observation


Among economists, the real world is often a special case.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I don't confuse greatness with perfection. To be great anyhow is…the higher achievement.

- Lois McMaster Bujold, "Mirror Dance", 1994

No comments: