Friday, July 18, 2008


There's This Huge Brush Pile Near the Dock - And Two of the Same Size Not Shown in Picture - Bonfire?

Word of the Day

Interrobang (!?)- A combination of a question mark and an exclamation point or the appearance of both right next to each other.


This weekend is going to be crazy on the lake. It's the annual Bluegill Festival. There are lots of planned activities going on this weekend in our little town, closest to The Lake. They'll even have a parade. I imagine the lake will be churning. I'm glad I went out and enjoyed some fishing off the dock yesterday after breakfast because there will be no fishing this weekend, not with all the churning and darting boats and jet-skis. #1 Son planned to come home this weekend and bring some of his friends but he called last night to tell us that it'll only be him coming. Maybe he and HTP can take care of burning some of the brush in the brush pile? Dare I hope?

I caught two really nice smallmouth bass off the dock yesterday. For the most part, I fish off the dock, not in the boat. I only go out in the boat if HTP is with me...or #1 Son. However, fishing off the dock isn't all that bad, witness that I caught two nice bass. Keepers. Actually, I caught four nice bass but two were under the legal size limit. Though a bit too small, I still needed to use the net to bring them in...or risk breaking my line. I also caught some nice bluegill so I'd planned on making fish for supper. I've got them all cleaned and ready but neither HTP or I were hungry last night so we'll have them tonight...or I'll freeze them for a future meal.

Having caught and cleaned fish, I baited my crayfish traps. Wow! I had so many crayfish this morning in the traps that they were spilling out of the bucket and escaping. I boiled up two pots of crayfish...the most I've caught this summer. It looks like I'll be spending the morning, after breakfast, and into the afternoon, cleaning crayfish. Maybe I'll see if my Mom wants some....or Sis? Since I reset my traps, I expect that I'll have more crayfish to boil up tomorrow morning, though not nearly as many as I encountered this morning. I've got a block of cream cheese in the fridge. I'm really looking forward to noshing on my crayfish appetizer. A meal in itself.

Murphyism of the Day

The Rule of Law


Never make a major policy change based on a close vote.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

- Jerome K. Jerome (1859 - 1927)

No comments: