Tuesday, July 29, 2008


There's No Place Like Home

Word of the Day

Jazams - A music composition.


I need to take care of the raspberries that I picked yesterday...and the blueberries. I don't have time to do much this morning. HTP and I are heading to The Big City this morning and I have to get all of Gypsy's stuff packed up for her visit with my folks. She loves going over to visit with my folks and I really appreciate that my folks are willing to watch her while we're in The Big City because taking her with us for the day isn't an option and leaving her all by her lonesome here at The Lake wouldn't be a good idea either...especially since one never knows how circumstances could make a day trip into something longer.

My cucumbers in the Earthbox are going crazy! I've already made two quarts of cucumber salad which HTP and I have been enjoying, but you can only eat so much cucumber salad. I discovered that I had lots more cucumbers that NEEDED to be picked before they turned into MONSTERS. These cucumbers were well on their way to monsterdom. So, I made four pints of Bread & Butter pickles yesterday. This, of course, drove Gypsy nuts because of the lid pinging. Every time a jar sealed, her ears perked up, she looked all worried, and then she'd start barking (baying). *sigh* I've still got to make jam. More pinging. Relish. More pinging. Canned tomatoes. Lots of pinging. More green beans. Pinging. Either she's got to get over this ping thing or I'm going to have to call in The Dog Whisperer...or maybe this is just a phase. She only really started this barking thing (problem) since she turned one year old this month. Happy Birthday Gypsy! You're a big dog now and you need to start acting like one. Right? *sigh* Thank goodness that there isn't any pinging repercussions when Sis and I cork the wine.

Murphyism of the Day

Wingfield's Axiom


Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.

- John Howard Payne (1791 - 1852)

No comments: