Tuesday, July 22, 2008


Morning Look View From My Dock

Word of the Day

Iridiscance - The property of CDs and DVDs that causes them to emit a spectrum pattern whenever a light is shined on them.


I really need to clean and dust and organize. As I look around me, my desk is cluttered. Heck...my bathroom is cluttered, my kitchen is cluttered, and my living room is cluttered. I've let things get out of hand. Again. No excuses. It's just me. I let things like cleaning get out of hand and then they get so bad that I finally suck it up and clean. Today may be that day...or tomorrow. We need to take the garbage out to the road on Wednesday for Thursday pick up....ummmm....maybe I'd better start organizing and tossing today because from the looks of things, it's going to take at least two days to sort and toss. Besides, I'm in an organizing and tossing mood. Cleaning? Not so much but I know that I'll feel a whole lot better afterwards...when things are clean and sparkling. (Pep talk)

It's laundry day today. I noted that I have all kinds of empty wine bottles stored on the top most shelf of my laundry room. I wish I'd soaked all the labels off before I stored them on that top most shelf but I'll start on that project today. Sis and I are going to need these bottles in a few months when we bottle the wine. I've actually been pretty good about soaking off wine labels and storing the empty bottles...this year...but these bottles are from a few years back when I'd just wash 'em up and tuck them out of sight, figuring that I'd soak off the labels when I had more time. Hah! There's never more time. I'm adding the label soaking off thing to my To Do list today.

Other things on the To Do List are : Pick the tame raspberries. Clean and freeze the blueberries that have ripened on the countertop over night. Crayfish? I really don't feel like taking care of the crayfish traps today....so I won't. We'll have spaghetti for supper tonight. I need to clean the crib that HTP and I bought that's out in the garage. Crap! We need to clean and organize that garage!...but....not today. But...maybe HTP will cut up some of those cardboard boxes that should be recycled?

Murphyism of the Day

Mark's Law of Monetary Equalization


A fool and your money are soon partners.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Your world is made of your memories, and your memories are given to you by your world. The whispering voice of happenstance is always in our ears. 'This is the world. This is the way things are. Look. Pay attention. Remember.'

- Real Live Preacher

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic of the lake...like glass. Having to post as anony because I forgot my log in info. LOL

It's me....Proud Ohio Mom.