Monday, July 07, 2008


I KNOW that I've got to cover the blueberry bushes! Stop bugging me! I'm busy!

Word of the Day

Infotainjugal - Describing salacious material presented on mass media as informational and consumed as entertainment by its audience.


Strawberry Fields Forever. OK. Not forever but.... D Buddy, MC Daughter and I all left the house this morning EARLY so we could drive to a strawberry farm near the city....about 20 minutes away from The Lake. Our plan was to pick enough strawberries for me to make LOTS of strawberry jam, both sugarfree and regular. We picked eight baskets of strawberries at around $6.00 per basket. I delivered one basket to Sis, per her request and started work on making jam after I'd returned to The Lake. I made two batches of regular strawberry jam and one batch of sugarfree strawberry jam. I prepped and froze strawberries for two more batches of sugarfree strawberry jam. At this point, my thoughts returned to wine-making ideas. In the past, I've always made strawberry liqueur. However, I still have quite a bit of strawberry schnapps (homemade) from last summer...so I really don't need to make any more this summer. Anyway, I found a recipe on the Internet for Strawberry Wine. I figured....Why not? I hadn't planned to make a whole lot of it but....oops! Looks like I'm going to make a huge batch of it. I made a mistake. Doubled the amount of sugar that the recipe called for and so to correct the error, I had to double the amount of strawberries and water that the recipe called for. *sigh* I sure hope I like Strawberry Wine.....fruit of the vine? Anyway, I still have enough berries leftover to prep for one more batch of sugarfree strawberry jam. I can't remember how many batches of sugarfree strawberry jam I made last summer but I think that four batches will be plenty...especially since I plan to make some sugarfree rhubarb/strawberry jam and some sugarfree wild raspberry jam....and maybe even some sugarfree raspberry jam. We'll have LOTS of sugarfree jam to use this winter in Arizona.

MC Daughter is making homemade calzones for supper tonight. Yummy! I think that this will the last supper MC Daughter will be making here for a while. D Buddy and MC Daughter plan to hit the road some time tomorrow.

Murphyism of the Day

Third Rule of the Political Pollsters


When the polls are slightly unfavorable, play for sympathy as a struggling underdog.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Anyone who works is a fool. I don't work - I merely inflict myself upon the public.

- Robert Morley

No comments: