Tuesday, July 15, 2008


Vintage 2007 - Ummmmm....I'm thinking double....I may need a bigger table for 2008 Vintage

Word of the Day

Integritous - Characterized by integrity.


Wood Tick Count - 40

Yesterday was a wine day. Sis and I spent a couple of hours hiking in the woods and picked enough wild gooseberries, added with the wild gooseberries that I picked on the 4th of July, and the black currants that we also picked, to start a batch (4 times the recipe) of Prickly Gooseberry Wine. We're hoping that we'll end up duplicating the quality of sparkling wine that we hit upon for our 2007 vintage. Aside from picking the black currants to add to our Prickly Gooseberry Wine 2008, we also picked enough red currants to start a batch of Currant Wine. Not stopping there, we strained the Strawberry Wine (got rid of the pulp and must), and then blended two gallons of it with a couple of gallons of the Rhubarb Wine that we've been brewing. We air-locked four gallons of our new Rhubarb/Strawberry Wine, leaving 2 1/2 gallons of Strawberry Wine. So...this summer, Sis and I are making lots more wine than we made last summer. I guess we'd better start thinking about getting some bottles. Lots of bottles. Dandelion Wine. Rhubarb Wine. Currant Wine. Strawberry Wine. Rhubarb/Strawberry Wine. Prickly Gooseberry Wine.

And the blackberries look like they'll be good this year....knock on wood. But that will have to wait until August. In the meantime, it looks like the wild raspberries are starting to get ripe. I'll have to start picking in a few days. I should have figured that they'd be getting ripe soon since I picked the first of my own tame raspberries....enjoyed the handful for breakfast. The summer is heating up and it looks like I'm going to be kept really busy from now until Fall.

Murphyism of the Day

Kamin's Law


When attempting to predict and forecast macroeconomic moves of economic legislation by a politician, never be misled by what he says; instead - watch what he does.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Hell is full of musical amateurs.

- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We need a bigger table for this year's display :)

Sis