Monday, July 28, 2008


The Raspberries Need Picking

Word of the Day

Java vu - Phenomenon of constantly adjusting the sugar/cream level of your coffee to your liking, only to have a waitress come along and ruin it again.


I never did get around to making jam yesterday. I ended up having to pick the green beans in the garden. The humidity outside sucked almost every drop of energy out of me. I only had enough remaining energy to clean and can three quarts of green beans and we had enough remaining beans to have with our supper...and leftover for tonight's supper. I need to pick raspberries again today but...I think...I hope...I can find room in the fridge to put the berries because there is no way that I can make jam today. I'm just too tired. Or...I may decide that I've got more energy after breakfast. You never know.

Hopefully, the humidity won't be so high today but I'm not really depending on it. With such high humidity, you'd think we'd get some rain. I'll have to water the plants out on the deck again this morning.

Murphyism of the Day

Thurber's Law


There is no safety in numbers, or in anything else.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Literature is news that stays news.

- Ezra Pound (1885 - 1972)

No comments: