Tuesday, April 06, 2010


The Ice is Out - This picture was taken by T-Square...last year...April 11, 2009

The ice finally departed this year, 2010, on April 2nd. Must be global warming.

Word of the Day

Sticktoitiveness - Perseverance; A measure of one's persevering qualities.


I'm going to have to practice sticktoitiveness when it comes to training Kylee. She's a smart little puppy which doesn't always translate into easy training. She wants to do what she wants to do when she wants to do it. It looks like I'm going to have to constantly remind her that I'm the pack leader. It reminds me about how often my kids would ask me why they had to do something and I answered..."Because I said so, I'm your Mom." *sigh* Unfortunately, that doesn't translate too well in dog speak. Instead, it'll have to be, "You'll do what I say because I'm the one that feeds you and holds the other end of the leash that you're choking yourself on."

I noticed today (while Kylee and I were walking) that the hepaticas are just starting to bloom. It's been a pretty dreary day...no rain, just grey skies. I can't wait until I can get my garden dug and planted. I can't wait until HTP and I can get the dock in and the boat in. HTP and I got our fishing licenses on Saturday and I bought some waxies. I want to go fishing! With my luck, I'd catch the biggest bass I've ever seen...and I'll have to toss it back because you can't catch anything but panfish and crappies right now....everything else has to be gently released back into the lake because Fishing Opener isn't until May 1st. Of course, by then, the bass will be playing hard to get.

Random Thought of the Day

Can you cry under water?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)

No comments: