Monday, April 05, 2010


Me, Sis, Sis' Hubby, T-Square, HTP, and Ma - Easter Eve at Sis' Place 2010



HTP's Dad, HTP, and HTP's Brother - Easter 2010

Word of the Day

Sticktoitive - Persevering.


HTP and I drove to The Big City yesterday to enjoy a special Easter buffet at the assisted living home where HTP's folks are living. Our group was large enough that they had to seat us at two adjoining tables. It worked out just fine. After the buffet, I was encouraged to bring Kylee inside to meet everyone. She was a hit. Everyone loved her and she loved the attention.

After the mouse incident on Saturday, I decided that Kylee would benefit from some obedience training. We had our first lessons today. Kylee already keeps her eye on me, so today, she just needed to get used to the choke chain and staying by my left side, instead of crossing in front of me or racing off to chase a leaf. She's doing rather well...except for some minor distractions. She's stopped the bucking bronco routine and I hope she's learned that grabbing the leash and choke chain in her mouth is not acceptable behavior. We had a fairly non-eventful walk up our 1/2 mile driveway to the main road and back to the house with me stopping, turning around and then walking the other way whenever she started pulling ahead.

Random Thought of the Day

Why Does Pluto Live in a dog house, eat dog food, etc. but Goofy, who is also a dog, lives in a condo and drives a car?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Research is the process of going up alleys to see if they are blind.

- Marston Bates

No comments: