Tuesday, April 27, 2010


Summer 2009 Wine

I didn't take any pictures of the Arizona wine bottling done here in Wisconsin for the very first time...but...my table looked a lot like it did after bottling the summer wines last fall.


Word of the Day

Stylephile - A person who is obsessive and inundated with current fashions.


Sis and I racked the Mulligan Berry Wine and then racked and bottled the Arizona wines. We ended up with 36 bottles of Prickly Pear Cactus wine, 28 bottles of Pomegranate wine (made with barley water), and 37 bottles of Pomegranate wine (made with white grape juice). We started at around 10 AM and didn't finish until after it was time to start dinner.

After throwing some wings in the oven for our Monday night TV night, I took my share of the wine down to the my basement wine cellar. Lots of wine! I really should start drinking more of it. Oh well...maybe tonight. HTP and I watched a new episode of Chuck, a re-run of Two and a Half Men, a re-run of The Big Bang Theory, and a new episode of Nurse Jackie.

Today? Aside from taking Kylee for her obedience training walk and doing laundry, I spent most of the day hauling wine-making supplies back down to the basement storage room. I also packed away half of my half of the Arizona wine to take back to Arizona, stored three small bottles (one of each wine)up on the shelf where I keep samples of each of our wines, and stored the rest of the wine in the wine racks T-Square made for me. Sis and I will be starting more of our Wisconsin wines...next month. Our first 2010 Wisconsin wine (Mulligan Berry Wine) is one month old.

Random Thought of the Day

What would happen to the sea's water level if every boat in the World was taken out of the water at the same time?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

An economist is a surgeon with an excellent scalpel and a rough-edged lancet, who operates beautifully on the dead and tortures the living.

- Nicholas Chamfort (1741 - 1794)

No comments: