Thursday, April 15, 2010



Word of the Day

Stuffilated - Eating to the point where it's difficult to move.


I've picked five wood ticks off Kylee in the last few days. She's not due for her second dose of Frontline for the season until tomorrow. Since she has a vet appointment tomorrow, I'm going to hold off until the vet gives me the go ahead. Kylee hasn't had any further issues with barfing since I started her on the rice and water. I've even started slipping in a bit of her own food. She's bouncing around like she doesn't have a care in the world. HTP pointed out that I've called the vet more for Kylee than I EVER called the vet for ANY of my other dogs. However, NONE of my other dogs found it necessary to eat dead mice or any other of the crap that Kylee wants to put in her mouth and eat.

We got rain last night. It was too wet to spade my "one a day" garden bed. I'm not into mud pies. So, I still have three more beds that need spading. We'll see what tomorrow brings....other than grocery shopping and Kylee's vet appointment and #1 Son will be coming to see us this weekend. Maybe we can get the boat launched...if this wind lets up some. I probably won't be spending a great deal of time online with #1 Son here for the weekend and a trip to The Big City on Sunday to celebrate HTP's Dad's 92nd birthday. However, if I blog, I blog. If I don't, I don't.

Random Thought of the Day

Why do people say "heads up" when you should duck?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

One should count each day a separate life.

- Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

No comments: