Wednesday, April 21, 2010


My Dwarf Iris are Blooming

Word of the Day

Stupiculous - Stupidly ridiculous.


I took Kylee over to Sis' this morning after breakfast. Play Date. Sis' dog, Tobey, and my folks' dog, Sandy, played with Kylee on Sis' screened in porch. I thought it might wear Kylee out a bit since both the other dogs out-weigh Kylee by...LOTS. However, they were gentle with her...and Kylee had some sneaky moves of her own. Meanwhile, Sis gave me all kinds of sausage and venison that HTP and I will enjoy and a box of empty wine bottles that we'll have to fill up with Arizona wine some time in the next couple of weeks. We'll need to empty a few wine buckets before we can start any summer wine projects.

With my garden all dug, and after planting four of my large tubs, I realized that I needed more potting soil AND more pots. So, while HTP and I were out shopping, I picked up eight more pots and another eight cubic feet of potting mix. Then...since the tomato cages were on sale, I bought twelve tomato cages. Hey! They were three for $1.68! Who could resist that? Besides, I'm going to be needing them this year. I've got LOTS of tomatoes that will need planting...thus...the eight additional pots....and soil. However, for right now, I'm using four of the new pots, up-ended, to cover the tomatoes that I already planted. It's going to get below freezing tonight.

Random Thought of the Day

Why do they call it the Department of Interior when they are in charge of everything outdoors?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Life wouldn't be worth living if I worried over the future as well as the present.

- W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965)

No comments: