Thursday, April 22, 2010


My Hyacinth is Blooming...but quite frankly, I've never thought it looked much like a hyacinth....but it is....really. However, it's never lived up to the display picture where I bought the bulb several years ago.


Word of the Day

Stupiphany - Stemming from a flash of insight: an idea that seems brilliant until one starts to tell it to someone else.


2010 Woodtick Count - 2

I hauled the additional eight cubic feet of potting soil that HTP and I bought yesterday down to the lower patio. I've already used four cubic feet of the new stuff, but, it looks like I won't need to purchase any more this season...I hope. As HTP pointed out, I could have purchased a LOT of tomatoes for what I've spent on potting soil and pots.

Despite the scare of falling off the dock, Kylee has gotten over her fear of the dock. She's not fond of the boats and she's being fairly a bit more cautious, but, she hasn't quibbled about walking out to the end of the dock with me and sitting for a bit.

Meanwhile, obedience training continues. Kylee is doing pretty good with the sit command but I don't think I'll progress to the stay command until she can perform reliably with distractions. Distractions like people, cars, squirrels, chipmunks, mice, June bugs, flying leaves....you get the idea. However, having said that, she's doing quite well with minor corrections. I wish she was doing as well with her house-breaking. She'll be four months old at the end of this month. I suppose I should be happy that she's keeping her kennel clean and she sleeps through the night. I just wish she were more reliable for longer periods of time in her play pen.

Random Thought of the Day

How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't grow in it?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I guess we'd be living in a boring, perfect world if everybody wished everybody else well.

- Jennifer Aniston

No comments: