Saturday, April 03, 2010


She's Giving Me the Stink Eye?
Like I made her eat that dead mouse?

Word of the Day

Starvatious - Suffering from a severe feeling of hunger.


I may never eat anything again. The spread at Sis' house was wonderful, and, of course, I ate way too much...but...it was yummy. All I wanted to do when HTP and I got home was to collapse like one of those lions you see in the wildlife shows after they've gorged themselves on game. I was totally looking forward to a nap.

Unfortunately, that's not what happened. After returning home, I took Kylee outside for her to "do her thing"...which she did...but then she found a dead mouse. At least, that's what I think it was. I could recognize was the tail. Ewww!!!! After chasing her up and down the huge hill by the side of the house and around the yard three times so she wouldn't eat that dead mouse, and to be honest, let's say I could have done without that sort of exercise on a full stomach, sge ate the darn thing anyway. Then, came the panicked call to the vet. Why dogs always manage to do this sort of thing on weekends when the vet's offices are closed, I have no idea. Thankfully, the vet called me back almost immediately. I was assured (reassured) that Kylee couldn't get poisoned (secondary poisoned) from eating a dead mouse but I should give her some hydrogen peroxide to make her throw up because dead mice might tend to make a puppy's tummy upset. HTP and I raced over to The Store to buy some hydrogen peroxide. I dosed Kylee with two teaspoons of the stuff and it worked almost immediately. I only had enough time to get Kylee outdoors before she yacked...barfed...repeatedly. Mission accomplished.

So...after all this excitement, Kylee is doing just fine. She's hungry. She's cavorting about like nothing at all happened. She can't figure out why I'm insisting upon making her use a leash. Me? It's going to take me a while to recover from the adrenaline cocktail on top of a full stomach, and there's no way I'm going to chase around the yard after a naughty little puppy again today.

Tomorrow will be another day of feasting. I probably won't find the time to blog. HTP and I are driving in The Big City to celebrate Easter with his folks, and his brother and sister and their families.

Random Thought of the Day

How come all of the planets are spherical?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The 'Net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it.

- William Gibson

No comments: