Thursday, April 08, 2010


Kylee - In the puppy pen.

She's still trying to figure out an alternate escape route.

Word of the Day

Stilby - A mullet. Short top, long back.


In a burst of excessive energy, I vacuumed and scrubbed the kitchen floor yesterday...and then I finished pruning the raspberry bushes. And then, HTP came home from his dental appointment with an excessive amount of energy. So...we rolled the dock out. HTP had intended the further project of clearing away some of the brush from our "viewing corridor" but...I put my foot down. My energy had worn out and HTP, although willing, looked like he'd used up all his reserves. We just aren't as young as we used to be.

Today? HTP had an eye appointment in The Big City. I decided to stay behind to puppy sit. Kylee kept me up for most of the night. She had to go out every two hours...all night long. I'm an insomniac so it really wasn't too difficult...other than going outside in freezing weather... I'm not sure what she ate, but I'm glad she didn't mess her kennel. Poor puppy. She seems to be intent on eating EVERYTHING that she can get in her mouth. Bugs, worms, moths, sticks, stones, leaves, DEAD MICE! EWWWWW!!!! So...it was best for me to stay home with Kylee...who seems none the worse for wear...other than numerous loose stools. Besides, I'm expecting a UPS delivery that needs a signature.

I set up a puppy pen in the kitchen...on my tile floor. Tile floor is lots easier to clean up than carpeting. Anyway, I was feeling sorry for her so I set up the puppy pen so she'd have ready access to toys and her food and water dish...plus, more space than her kennel. I'd even put her kennel in the puppy pen, so she'd have a comfy place to rest. Bad idea. Kylee is a Houdini...a regular escape artist. She immediately jumped on top of her kennel (thankfully, I was there to see her escape attempt)and was getting ready to jump over the top of the puppy pen. Needless to say, I removed the kennel and placed a towel in the puppy pen instead. Comfy. Soooo....the minute I turned my back, there was Kylee, loose in the living room, looking quite proud of herself. Huh?! How?! Thankfully, although Kylee is smart, I've got a few years on her and I think, I hope, I'm a bit smarter. After taking her outside, I put her back inside the puppy pen...and then waited. Sure enough, she'd found a missing spoke in the pen. I can't believe that she was able to squeeze through that little hole but...she can...and did. I've since patched the hole but...let's hope it works. She'd rather than with me than in her puppy pen, but, I think she'd rather be in her puppy pen than in her kennel. She can't always be with me. I've got things to do that makes it impossible to watch a puppy 24/7. However, after blogging, I'll play with her some more...out of the puppy pen.

Random Thought of the Day

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

[Abstract art is] a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.

- Al Capp (1909 - 1979)

No comments: