Saturday, October 30, 2004

How can it only be 8 PM? I thought for sure that it was later then that. It feels later. I unpacked most of the stuff...not all. I swept the sand dunes from the back patio but I wouldn't sit on the furniture if I were you. I have to find the shop vac. It's in the garage...somewhere. I know it's there. We saw our daughter and son-in-law and gave them their anniversary presents along with the wedding cake that we'd been storing in our freezer since their wedding last year. Happy First Anniversary T&J. After all that, we toddled over to a neighbor's house. They were having a Halloween party. I even managed to find the box with my "Halloween costumes" and I wore a t-shirt explaining why I wasn't wearing a Halloween costume. I dug out some old Halloween earrings that I found in a drawer too. I noted that most of the women had some sort of Halloween jewelry, socks, or shirts. The men came as themselves. It was fun to meet the neighbors but I'm afraid it's going to take a while before I remember names. Maybe I'll do better next Sunday when there's a block party scheduled. I think I'm supposed to sign up for a cocktail party on Friday too and I haven't even been to the rec center since we've been back. Oh yeah. We only got back last night. I suppose I have an excuse.

Murphyism of the Day

Hiram's Law

If you consult enough experts you can confirm any opinion.

No comments: