Sunday, October 03, 2004

Only 20 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

I canned 27 pints of piccallili relish this morning. All the jars sealed; all the jars are now labeled. I've cleaned up the mess and am ready for the last project of the season. I have to prepare and fry up the Italian peppers. That project can wait a bit. First I have to figure out where I'm going to put 14 pints of piccallili relish. The other 13 pints are for my folks. They can decide what to do with their half. I think I'll take half of my half to Arizona. The rest can stay here in my basement pantry. It may be another few years before we need or have enough green tomatoes to make another huge batch of relish. There's always a silver-lining in every cloud. The weather may not have produced an ample supply of red ripe tomatoes for canning but it was perfect for green tomato production. I'd just started my last jar of piccallili relish canned in 2001. It was time to restock.

Murphyism of the Day

Wilkie's Law

A good slogan can stop analysis for fifty years.

No comments: