Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Only 3 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

Every morning I follow the same routine. I heat up a cup of coffee, made the day before... waste not, want not...and brew another pot of coffee to go with breakfast. Then I fire up the computer and let the dogs out. Usually I join them outside for a bit but it's been getting a bit cold outside. My blood is still a bit thin from living in Arizona for the last twenty odd years. I suppose it'll be just thick enough to bug the heck out of me this winter when I return there so I'll feel hot all the time. Anyway, I let them back in and feed them. While they're eating I check the latest news on Yahoo and I log into KFYI online to hear all the news from Arizona...and the daily rant from Bruce Jacobs In the Morning. By this time, I have to let the dogs out...again. What goes in one end, always has to come out the other. I love my mornings. HTP is still abed. It's so quiet. I can do all kinds of things and I don't have to smile. I read and reply to any emails that I receive. I put away the clean dishes from the dishwasher. I blog. I sip on my second cup of coffee of the morning. A fresh cup.

This morning I read one of the most wonderful articles on the Yahoo News. It was a first. Usually nothing good comes out in our news from Iraq. I don't know how this article slipped through. Of course, they had to counter this story with the article about CARE pulling out of Iraq after the kidnapping of their director. I wonder what she would feel about CARE pulling out of Iraq?

The other news of the day is about flu shots...or the lack thereof. I've often noticed that human nature is a funny thing. We always want the most that which we cannot have. I didn't plan on getting a flu vaccine this year. I didn't get one last year. HTP thinks flu vaccines are stupid. Don't get me wrong. I have gotten a flu shot in the past. One. I got sick anyway. But here are all these people lining up and in an uproar because they can't get a flu vaccine. Did they get a shot last year? What's so special about this year's shot? Every year there's interviews on the news urging people to get out and have their flu shot. They've missed a good bet. Tell everyone that there's a shortage of the vaccine and watch them line up. I know...there is a shortage...and it's all Hillary Clinton's fault. Anytime government messes with free enterprise there are bread lines like in Russia. We'll be lining up for prescription drugs next.

So...who's going to win? The Yankees or the Red Socks?

Murphyism of the Day

Hartz's Uncertainty Principle

Ambiguity is invariant.

No comments: