Saturday, October 02, 2004

Only 21 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

We had a hard freeze last night. No harm done but I forgot to bring the dogs' water in and it was a solid block of ice this morning. The rain that had collected in the rain gauge had frozen to a block of ice too. Oops. I'll have to do better tonight.

Today was spent on grinding up and salting down the ingredients for our piccallili recipe. My folks brought over their green tomatoes to add to mine. I've got three pots of ground up green tomatoes, onions and green and red bell peppers all salted and sweating. Tomorrow will be canning day. I don't really know how many pints of relish I'll end up with...I never do. I figure that I'll get close to 30 pints but there is no real way of knowing. We'll get what we get.

My Mom brought puff balls that she found yesterday. She cleaned them and I fried them up and served them with steak for our lunch. They were really good. I may have to go in hunt for some next fall. You never know what you'll find out here at The Lake.

Murphyism of the Day

The Rule of Politics

When a politician gets and idea, he or she usually gets it wrong.

No comments: