Saturday, October 16, 2004

Only 7 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

It's gotten to be that time of year when it's still dark out when I get up in the morning. I look out in startled amazement at a 6 AM night sky. I like to get up at 6 AM. I don't have to get up that early. My eyes just magically pop open at that time and my brain starts humming and I can't get it to stop. I can't stand just lying there in bed doing nothing when there is so little time left here at The Lake and there's still so many things that I want to do.

No sooner then HTP and #1 son arrived back here at The Lake yesterday from The Big City, #1 son practically attacked my KitchenAid mixer. I'm not talking about hitting it with a hammer or anything like that. Actually, I'm the one that hit it with the hammer (the hinge bolt was working itself out and had to be tapped back into place). #1 son had made his famous chocolate chip cookies last weekend when he was home and his friends at the dorm raved about them. So, #1 son made another batch of his cookies as soon as he stepped in the door so he could take them back for himself and his friends to share. He lamented that there was no KitchenAid stand mixer for him and his co-horts to use at the dorm. They do have a kitchen, but no mixer...at least no KitchenAid mixer. Hey KitchenAid! Great marketing idea! Send KitchenAid mixers to the dorms at the U. of M. I bet there'd be a lot of future buyers out there if you did. Anyway, after #1 son made his famous chocolate chip cookies, he made two batches of cupcakes. These too are being brought back to the dorm with him when he returns on Sunday. Pout! I didn't even get a taste. Not a crumb. He's got them all packed up tight in my cookie tins. I hope he plans to return my tins. He tells me that he's trying to convince the people at the dorm to buy a KitchenAid mixer for their kitchen. If they do, they'd better chain it down.

OOOHHHH!!!!!! We got our first snow flurries! Pretty! Don't worry. Nothing is sticking.

Murphyism of the Day

Horowitz's Rule

Wisdom consists of knowing when to avoid perfection.

No comments: