Sunday, October 17, 2004

Only 6 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

What a difference a day makes. We lost most of the leaves from the trees yesterday. The few that remain are beautiful but the peak of leaf watching season has passed. It does feel cold right now. Understandable. I noted that the ads for vacation homes in Florida have started on the TV. My folks are getting all ready to return west for the winter. My Aunt and Uncle are already there. Yes, we have the furnace running even though HTP would like to see the thermostat set at a higher temperature. I've never understood his desire to bake at home during the winter, and freeze during the summer and when we're in hotel rooms. I prefer a temperature closer to 75° during the day and colder during the night. Of course, in Arizona, that isn't always possible. I think HTP's problem is all related to humidity. I got him an electric blanket for nights in Arizona, and a nice wool blanket to cuddle in while he watches TV here at The Lake.

HTP takes #1 son back to The Big City and college today. Sigh. We won't be seeing #1 son until Christmas. I assured him that I would start my Christmas baking on the day after Thanksgiving, and that there would be multiple tins of cookies for him to take back to the dorm with him when he has to return to college in January. He's already got his roundtrip tickets to Arizona for Christmas break.

As a side note, I won at SunPoker last week. SunPoker is an online video poker game sponsered by the Minnesota Sun Newspapers on their online webpage. I don't think I actually get a prize because I believe they only give a prize to the high scorer during the first week of the month now. Pout! But I won! I'm a winner! Look out Vegas! Here I come!

Murphyism of the Day

De Nevers' Law of Complexity

The simplest subjects are the ones you don't know anything about.

No comments: