Monday, October 11, 2004

Only 12 Days Left Before We Leave For Arizona

We dropped #1 son off at college yesterday. Before doing so, we helped celebrate a belated 80th birthday for HTP's mother...my mother-in-law at Lake Elmo. The food exceeded expectations. Although expectations weren't too high, the food was fabulous. The service was fabulous. The only downside I can come up with is that the salt and pepper shakers were reproductions of antiques and they provided an overabundance of either salt or pepper and who the heck knew which they had in their hand. As much of the family gathered as was possible. My #2 daughter actually called during our meal. Mink shouldn't feel at all guilty because this was a coincidental phone call. She was just checking up on #1 son and how he did on his calculus test. I did mention that #1 son was born at a time when he ended up with three mothers, didn't I? Mink, #2 daughter and myself. He was out-gunned and out-numbered. But...on the otherhand, he does seem to understand girls. Anyway, since Mink and #2 daughter and husband couldn't attend the function, I didn't bother to clue them in. We got HTP's mother a brand new wallet and a gift card so she could buy a new purse. She seemed to love the wallet but I pointed out that I included a gift receipt for her...just in case she wanted to exchange it for another. We'd been told that she wanted a new wallet and purse but that sort of purchase is so difficult. I would hate to be gifted with a purse or a wallet...unless I'd first picked it out myself. Kind of like someone picking out your underwear.

Murphyism of the Day

Thompson's Theorem

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

No comments: