Saturday, August 20, 2005

Word of the Day

Applelanche: A pile of apples tumbling to the floor.

We're back to dial-up and only one computer too. Sigh. Someone, somewhere in Wisconsin cut a fiber-optic cable somewhere and "poof", not DSL until someone can get around to fixing it. I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, HTP has the only computer that will work with the dial-up. And me? I'm going through withdrawal because none of my favorites are on HTP's computer. Plus, while we're on the computer online, no-one can call us. So? If you don't see me blogging for a while, that's the reason.

I've kept myself sane so far by spending most of the morning in the city. #1 son needed to visit a barber and I decided to have my hair dyed...again. When you start going grey like me, you have to get your hair dyed every month. I tend to push it a bit because we're here in the back of beyond and no-one actually notices my skunk line here but we're going to be flying to Laughlin next week and I figured someone might notice. Maybe. Come to think of it, not too much is noticed aside from jackpots, clanging machines and cigar smoke in Laughlin. Oh well...I noticed it so that's all that counts.

Murphyism of the Day

Colridge's Law

Extremes meet.

No comments: