Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Word of the Day

Deprecipitate - Snow shoveling or "removing" the precipitation.

OK. I think I've totally lost it now. No...maybe the mainstream media has. I have to admit that I've spent last night and all of today reading books. Two books. So, it's only tonight, when I surfaced and decided to make supper, that I actually saw the news. HTP, as usual, had one of the national news stations on...I can't say whether it was ABC, NBC, or CBS but it caught my attention. Why, you ask? Because the topic of the night was all about those evil Israelis, and how awful it was that their military was forcing their own people out of the Gaza. What?! To be honest, these aren't the actual words that they were using but this is the message that came across loud and clear. What?! Isn't this what the mainstream media has been wanting and demanding for years?! I felt terrible for those poor soldiers. They were crying. But still, all that was shown on the mainstream media was the evil Israeli military. It seems that it doesn't make any difference what the Israeli government does. They are evil. They are wrong. Sigh! I regret to say that my prediction is that giving the Palestinians the Gaza and whatever other pieces of land won't make a bit of difference. Some people will never be happy. Hamas has vowed to continue the terrorism until there is no Israel. Such is the world as I see it these days.
Enough of such stuff. If I had been fast enough, I would have shut that stupid TV off. Mainstream media news can be horribly depressing.

I'm making BBQ ribs on the grill tonight. I've got corn-on-the-cob cooking on the stovetop. As I shucked the corn, I noted that I'll have to make more hummingbird nectar tomorrow. I promise that it won't be boiling hot when I put it in the feeders next time. Wouldn't want the little piggies to burn their little tongues.

Murphyism of the Day

Holten's Homily

The only time to be positive is when you are positive you are wrong.

No comments: