Thursday, August 11, 2005

Word of the Day

Deicification - Removing ice from something.

Lazy Day, Sleeping the Clouds away...

Finally we're getting our first spit of rain from the clouds that have been hovering all day. I made good use of my time. I found an old blackberry wine recipe on line so I started a blackberry wine project. Right now my "wine" (blackberries, sugar, yeast and whole wheat bread crusts) are all combined into a kettle covered by an old pillowcase (sorry, I don't have any cheesecloth) in the basement. I have to leave the "wine" alone now for five days. Having remembered something that my sister had problems with a few years ago when she tried making wine, I have the kettle settled into the sink so that any spill-over won't make too much of a mess. So far we haven't attracted any fruit flies. I'll keep you posted.

Murphyism of the Day

Seay's Law

Nothing ever comes out as planned.

No comments: