Saturday, August 13, 2005

Word of the Day

Deja-moo - The feeling you've seen that cow somewhere before.

I finally went out after breakfast and picked the beans. Then I picked the tomatoes. The cucumbers. The lettuce. I sat and watched TV as I snipped and cleaned the beans. Then, I dragged out my finger guillotine and sliced up the cucumbers and some onions, salted the whole and set them aside to make cucumber salad. Meanwhile, the lettuce was soaking in the sink. That came next. I now have a bag of clean leaf lettuce in the fridge along with a bag of green beans. I'm going to let the tomatoes sit for a while so they get a bit riper.

On to my next project. I finished the back of my sweater and started on the left side. Mistake. I made a mistake and discovered it after knitting twenty rows. I had to rip out my first attempt at knitting the left side and start again. Groan! I swear that each pattern is written in a different language and I'm having a hard time since I haven't spoken that language in ages. OK. I started again and am now at the point where I previously decided to rip out the whole. I think I can go on now. As soon as my fingers lose this crippled feeling. I still don't get the purpose of this whole bevel thing but I'm sure it will come into play when I add on the button rows. Right? OH...speaking of which, I'll have to reverse the whole when I start on the right side. Maybe I'll have better luck when it comes to figure out how to knit the sleeves. One can only hope.

Murphyism of the Day

Van Herpen's Law

The solving of a problem lies in finding the solvers.

No comments: