Sunday, August 07, 2005

Word of the Day

Deflufferate - To remove the fluff from an article of clothing.

It's always a treat to sit on the dock after the weekenders have left. This weekend provided a lure that the weekenders could not resist. Who could blame them? This didn't mean that I had to spend my entire weekend inside but I guess I prefer the quiet serenity that envelopes the lake after the speed boats, pontoons, water-skiers, jet-skiers, and the like, have left to go home.

Woodtick season is pretty much a thing of the past for this summer but the occasional hold out can be found. HTP had to dig a woodtick out of my back last night. Usually I can take care of the little creatures myself but this one had managed to embed itself where I couldn't reach. It was a deertick. That's two for me for the season. Two deerticks. I stopped counting the other variety. There was no telltale bullseye for the last deertick. I'll have to keep an eye on this one and hope I dodged another "bullet" when it comes to Lyme's disease.

My knee and hip haven't complained too much today but I haven't put them out much. I want to go out and pick blackberries tomorrow. I'll give my knee and hip a dry run on our 1/2 mile driveway before I venture out onto the old logging road again. Knowing HTP, he won't let me hike the logging road again unless I bring the cellphone with me. Sigh. He saw a black bear. Nuff said.

Murphyism of the Day

Fox on Problematics

When a problem goes away, the people working to solve it do not.

No comments: