Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Word of the Day

Abdicate (v.) , to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.


It's raining again. HTP told me that I should get used to it. It's supposed to rain all week. I told him to go turn off the irrigation system. No point watering plants when nature is doing the job for us.

Today is laundry day. I didn't attack my Christmas project yesterday. Too lazy. It's still Christmas here at my house and it's raining too hard for me to go out and change the lightbulbs in my garage carriage lights. Maybe I'll try to tackle the inside today...maybe not. #1 son has a doctor appointment and all this rain is making me feel sleepy.

The best laid plans of mice and men oft times go astray. My daughter was supposed to head for boot camp yesterday. Due to some paperwork errors, she'll either be flying out today (weather permitting), or tomorrow...or...let's all hope she doesn't have to wait another week or so. How frustrating! Her comment to me when I talked to her last night was that she hated the thought of coming in later then the rest of her plattoon thus becoming the focus of all the DI's attention as well as that of the rest of the plattoon. We've all been there. Sneaking into class late and the whole class comes to a screeching halt so they can all stop and stare. Oh well. It wasn't her fault. Military error and nature. She expressed the hope that this all isn't some sort of omen. Me too. I've added a link to my daughter's blog to my blog. My daughter (Mink) assigned the task of updating her blog to her boyfriend. He'll be posting updates for her. I noticed that he's already set up an email account for her internet friends to use. He promised to print out any letters written to that email account and send them snailmail to her at the camp. He also posted an account of yesterday's difficulties and experiences. For any salty language contained in the narrative of my daughter's blog, I apologize in advance. Do Marine recruits use salty language?

Murphyism of the Day

Crane's Law

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

No comments: