Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Word of the Day

Esplanade (v.), to attempt an explanation while drunk.

As I listened to the radio this morning, I heard the talkshow host tell me that the bright shiny object in the sky is the sun. It's finally stopped raining. And then the doorbell rang. I slept in today. This is a rare event for me. It was unfortunate that this was the morning the Orkin man was coming. He comes on the first Wednesday of the month. My 2004 calendar was all marked for these monthly visits. I didn't mark my 2005 calendar yet. I threw on my jeans and answered the door. HTP grumbled. #1 son mumbled. I told Mr. Orkin to treat the outside first and then I dug my men out of their comfy beds. HTP grumbled but headed for his in house office and his computer. #1 son threw on pajamas and turned on his laptop. I made coffee. By the time Mr. Orkin finished up the outside, all was pretty much ready for him to treat the inside. I even had time to replace my nightshirt with a real shirt. I am now marking my 2005 calendar. I hate having to jump out of bed in the morning at a faster rate then I want to jump out of bed in the morning.

Making of a Marine Update

For those of you who haven't read the updates on Mink's blog, my daughter Mink arrived at Parris Island in the wee hours of the morning. Better late then later. She was delayed by mistakes made on her paperwork and weather. Her one phone call was made to the one person she knew would pass the information on to the most people. Friends and family. Her boyfriend. She'll be sending her mailing address to him in three to five days and he's promised to pass it on to me and I'll pass it on...but not in my blog. No food or bulky packages.

Murphyism of the Day

Wiker's Law

Government expands to absorb revenue and then some.

No comments: