Monday, January 31, 2005

Word of the Day

Benign: what you are after you be eight.

I released five little goldfish into my fountain. I imagine they're still there. HTP has been kidding me about them. He thinks my dog Mancha may have "manched" them. She sure does seem to be fascinated lately with the fountain. Peering into the water and sniffing at it, front paws braced on the rim of the fountain. MMMM. Doggy treats. I don't think so. Even though she loves to eat...everything...she doesn't like water. My dogs don't even want to go outside if it's raining. I can't imagine her holding her breath, sticking her face into the fountain, and "fishing". Besides, I've seen at least two of my goldfish at separate times. I actually think they've decided to huddle, safely, in a cave in the fountain pedestal where the fountain pump is kept. The goldfish that I've seen seem to be acting as sentinels. Go figure. Goldfish sentinels? Next fall, I'll screen off the "cave" before I reintroduce my goldfish to the fountain. My daughter has promised to goldfish-sit my goldfish during the summer while we're in Wisconsin since I don't plan to take the goldfish with us to The Lake. It's hard enough to find hotels that will allow us to stay with our dogs.

Murphyism of the Day

Thal's Law

For every vision, there is an equal and opposite revision.

No comments: