Monday, January 10, 2005

Word of the Day

Innuendo (n.) and Italian suppository.

It's pitiful when you can't think of one thing to write about. A total blank. And then you end up writing about not knowing what to write about. In the middle of the night I thought about something to write, but now I can't remember. This is probably just as well because middle of the night ideas are usually a result of some strange dream that makes no sense when they hit the light of day. I mean one night I had this weird dream about a snake. A cobra. A black cobra. I killed it but not before it bit my dog who was trying to protect us all and if you knew either of my dogs you'd realize how silly this part of the dream really was. And then I dream all this weird stuff about wondering how I'm going to find out where the bite is located and then it's obvious because all her hair magically disappears over that area where the bite is located and then I'm nursing my dog back to health and she lives despite the fact that logically a tiny chihuahua wouldn't have survived more then a second from a cobra's poison much less the time it would have taken me to get her to the vet. On top of this, do cobras actually bite like rattlesnakes? And everyone in my dream tells me that there are no cobras here in Arizona. But then someone in my dream points out that there is some rare cobra here in Arizona and it's black. So you see? I'm surprised I even remembered the dream and as for using it in a blog? How silly!

Murphyism of the Day

Loftus' Theory on Personnel Recruitment

1. Faraway talent always seems better than home-developed talent.

2. Personnel recruiting is a triumph of hope over experience.

No comments: