Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Word of the Day

Lymph (v.), to walk with a lisp.

Is it just me? Am I bit testy this week? Am I being too sensitive? HTP seems to think so even though I just can't see it. Maybe I'm just being too defensive. Maybe HTP is just psychic or too sensitive about what I might be thinking at any given time. This morning I got up around 7 AM. This isn't at all unusual. I let the dogs out and back inside and fed them. Meanwhile I heated up a cup of yesterday's coffee for myself, washed the pot, prepped and made a fresh pot. HTP slumbered on, peacefully. I went out in front and brought in the newspaper. I straightened and cleaned the kitchen. I was heading back to the bedroom to turn on my computer and get the dirty laundry from the closet when HTP asks me if #1 son had left his laundry out for me. An innocent enough question really. But it could have been interpreted as, "Don't forget to do the laundry today." I never did get around to doing the laundry yesterday because we spent most of the day away from the house. I didn't really interpret HTP's question in this fashion. I just told him that #1 son had indeed left his laundry out for me. Since I'd asked HTP to remind #1 son to leave out his dirty laundry last night, I expected no less. I dragged the laundry cart out of the closet and proceeded to sort the laundry and start the first load. HTP reminded me that there was a pair of his socks and a shirt that I'd forgotten. They weren't in the laundry cart, they were lying on the floor...but OK. If I'm going to do laundry, I'd just as soon do all the laundry in a logical fashion with entire loads of dark clothes, entire loads of whites, entire loads of jeans...etc. Not bits and pieces here and there. HTP was just being helpful. After I started that first load of laundry, I noticed that HTP was up and washing up. I headed for my computer to check my mail. HTP inquired, "Shall we have breakfast?" OK. But first I wanted to turn on my computer and check my e-mail. I always make breakfast. Actually, I thought the way that HTP asked me to make breakfast was a fair attempt at being diplomatic. I suppose things were starting to grate at me because I hadn't even had one fresh cup of coffee as yet. I didn't say anything. I checked my mail and then proceeded to make breakfast. What to make? There aren't too many options if you happen to be on a diet. I decided to make egg white omelots. We usually eat our omelot with homemade salsa. I noted that we'd used up all the fresh salsa so I took out all the ingredients and made fresh salsa to go with our omelots. This doesn't take too long because I prepare and "can" what I refer to as Salsa Mix and just have to add fresh ingredients when we want fresh salsa. Fresh green onion, fresh chopped cilantro and fresh raw tomatoes. After this, I made the omelots and toast for our breakfast. HTP did comment that the salsa tasted really good. I thanked him for the compliment. So after breakfast, I started clearing off the breakfast dishes. I cleared up all the cooking debris and I was in the process of loading the dishwasher when HTP, in the process of adding creamer to his second cup of coffee, tells me that we're out of creamer. I told him that I'd purchased some and would refill the container in a bit. Then HTP asks me, "Are you going to wash the dishes?" I didn't lose it. I asked myself, "Am I being too sensitive? Can't he see that I'm loading the dishwasher? Can't he see that the dishwasher is full? " I told him that I planned to start the dishes. I didn't snap...at least I don't think I snapped. I just said that I was going to start the dishes. HTP gave me a look that I can only interpret as, "Walk with care. My wife is unreasonably testy this morning." He wandered off with his coffee to read the newspaper in the living room. I put soap in the dishwasher, started the dishes, and refilled the empty creamer container. I didn't say anything...I haven't said anything...I won't say anything. Whenever I've said anything I've been made to feel that I'm overly sensitive. PMS? Menopause? The first load of laundry was done so I transferred this load to the dryer and started another load. After this I decided that I needed to vent or I'd blow up or implode. See? I'm venting. I'm blogging. Maybe I am suffering from menopausal symtoms this morning. Could be. Probably, but I don't have time to think about that right now. Time to fold the laundry.

Murphyism of the Day

Dingle's Law

When someone drops something, everybody will kick it around instead of picking it up.

Old Grey Frog's Corollary on Dingle's Law

When someone drops something, everybody will kick it around until Old Grey Frog picks it up.

No comments: