Thursday, January 06, 2005

Word of the Day

Unroll (n.), a breadstick

It's sunny outside but cold. Right now it's 39°F. I don't plan to go outside but if I do I'll have to dig out my coat. I'm not a wimp. I grew up in a far more frigid place. That doesn't mean that I have to like it. All my neighbors who are here because they don't want to be there are complaining now about how cold it is here. I'm here because it's far colder there then here. I just feel bad because #1 son is here for only another week and he was hoping for a bit of warmth so he could thaw out from the weather back there before he has to return to the weather back there.

I may try and take down my Christmas stuff today. Maybe. It's starting to look a bit silly now that Christmas and New Year's are over. I made steaks on the grill for supper last night. We had to eat in the dining room because my kitchen table only seats four (we had five) and I didn't even bother to change out the Christmas tablecloth and runner. How lazy is that? I wish I'd been able to find a nice red tablecloth instead of the green and then I could've told everyone that I'm ahead of the game for Valentine's Day. If I'd removed the Christmas runner, I suppose I could have told everyone that I was ahead of the game for St. Patrick's Day but I suppose the wreath on the front door and the green carriage lights and the Christmas tree might have told another story.

Making of a Marine Update

We were surprised that we were allowed to talk to our daughter this morning. Early this morning. I was awake when the phone rang. One of the doctors wanted to clarify some of her medical history and asked if we'd had a chance to talk to her since she'd gotten to camp. When I said that we hadn't, he allowed us the opportunity. Surprised us and her I think. She's just fine. She sounded a bit tired but that's to be expected. HTP said that she told him that she hadn't slept yet. She told me that they would be doing the PTI (at least I think that's what she called it) on Friday. I don't know what they call it but I do know it's where they test the recruits on their timed run, their flexed armhang and the crunches. I won't wish her luck. I'll just wish her stamina and strength. That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Murphyism of the Day

Tuccille's Law of Reality

Industry always moves in to fill an economic vacuum.

No comments: