Thursday, January 13, 2005

Word of the Day

Gargoyle (n.), an olive-flavored mouthwash.

I feel like I'm in a holding pattern somewhere between here and there. I love having my son here for a visit, as a matter of fact we're taking him out for lunch today for a calzone fix. We only have him here for another couple of days. I have all kinds of things that I want to do...after he's gone. This isn't to say that I'm anxious to have him leave. I'm not. I'll miss him after he leaves. It just means that I'm in a holding pattern. But on the bright side, I'll have something to do after he leaves to keep me busy and out of trouble. I never got a chance to finish decorating my guest/library/craft room. I have boxes of stuff out in the garage that whisper to me every time I'm out there. These things can wait. I plan to enjoy my son while he's here.

We've also been eating out...a lot. Too much. I still haven't checked out the exercise machines at the recreation center. I have to sign up to learn how to use the machines and they actually will design a personalized exercise program for me but I have to actually go over there to do this. I wonder what excuse I'll think of next that will prevent me from doing this?

Murphyism of the Day

First Rule of Negative Anticipation

You will save yourself a lot of needless worry if you don't burn your bridges until you come to them.

No comments: