Monday, January 03, 2005

Word of the Day: Carcinoma (n.) a valley in California, notable for its heavy smog.

It's raining. My Kool-deck is starting to bubble up and flake off in large chunks. I knew this was going to happen. Bits and pieces of the stuff are floating about and the grey concrete below stands out in startling contrast to that Kool-deck which remains. I'm assured that all will be taken care of...soon...eventually.

#1 son is going to a LAN party today. We only have the one car so I guess that means that HTP and I will be house-bound today. Tomorrow too. His LAN party is an over-nighter. It's at times like this that we wish we had a second car here in Arizona. But #1 son will only be here until January 15th. After that things will be a bit quieter here on the vacation villa front. HTP and I have been managing pretty well with one car...so far. It might be kind of neat to get one of those cute gas/electric bikes to toodle off to the grocery store or the rec-center. I'm not ready for a golf cart yet. But I'm just not the Harley type.

Since we're going to be house-bound today and we can't go outside because it's raining, I thought I'd spend the day packing away the Christmas stuff. It's a project that will take several days but this sort of thing will never get done if it doesn't get started. My planned project for overall weight-loss and healthy-living will just have to wait until #1 son has returned to the frozen northlands of Minnesota. I refuse to worry about dieting and workout machines until I can concentrate on the project without numerous interruptions and distractions. As my Mother told me yesterday in Vegas, "There will always be an excuse not to diet and not to exercise." She's right...but right now the excuses for not dieting and not exercising out-number the reasons why I should diet and exercise. My jeans still fit.

I assume that my daughter is winging her way to Parris Island and will be received today...and tomorrow. HTP and I haven't heard anything from her as yet. I'm sure it's too soon to expect any new postings on her blog but I'll keep checking.

Murphyism of the Day

Frothingham's Fallacy

Time is money.

No comments: