Saturday, January 15, 2005

Word of the Day

Laughingstock (n.), an amused herd of cattle.

#1 son has left the building. We tried our best to cram everything he wanted to do in the short time that he was here. This morning, we arose early in the still dark hours of the morning, packed all of #1 son's stuff into the car, and drove out to join our youngest daughter for breakfast on the way to the airport. HTP and I both had the Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity, and yes, we did have to say it. Anyway, it tasted good though I made them put the blueberry compote in a seperate dish and omit the whipped cream. I like whipped cream but not for breakfast. We finished off two pots of coffee. After breakfast, we drove to the airport. Thankfully, it was a breeze. At least our part was a breeze. There was curbside check-in so #1 son was quickly able to process his check-on luggage and get his boarding pass. Thankfully, they didn't quibble about weight. His suitcase was a bit overstuffed. He had Christmas cookies and that chocolate cake, a box of Captain Crunch cereal and everything else that he could cram in there. After I walked with him inside, I have no idea what happened other then he headed for the security checkpoint. I wasn't allowed to go there so I just sent him along his way with a hug. He has our phone number if he finds himself in difficulties and he's promised to call us when he gets home (his dorm). His classes start on Tuesday so I don't expect to hear from him much after that. I'm sure they'll keep him busy. We probably won't see him until we get back to Wisconsin in May.

Now what am I going to do with myself. #1 son never did make that chicken marsala. His friend couldn't come over last night so we all went out for a Friday night Fish Fry instead. Now I have to figure out how to make chicken marsala. I suppose I should clean up the guest room. I think I'm going to wait on that for a while. Maybe I'll tackle that project on Monday. I can't do it tomorrow because I'll be at church most of the day and I'm just too tired to do it today. OK. Maybe I'll do it later today...after I play Pogo and finish my book.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Living

As soon as you're doing what you wanted to be doing, you want to be doing something else.

No comments: