Saturday, January 22, 2005

Word of the Day

Rectitude (n.), the dignified demeanor assumed bya proctologist immediately before he examines you.

Once again I find myself wracking my brain, at a loss to figure out what I should write about. Maybe if I just start typing, something will come to me.

It's beautiful outside today. I hear the sound of planes as they fly by, both big and small. There's the sound of the water makes as it splashes in our fountain. As I glance outside, I think about the fact that I should really sweep those leaves off the patio.....

Weeds. I have to pull the weeds out in our front yard. The HOA sent a nastygram about them. Actually, it wasn't all that nasty. My knee-jerk reaction is from our former HOA. I do have a few weeds out in the front of our yard. HTP did spray the weeds but he tends to be rather economical with the spray and sometimes he just doesn't "see" the weeds. I "see" the weeds. Sometimes if you want something done right you just have to do it yourself. HTP doesn't "see" dust either. He hasn't figured out the benefits of a pillowsham either. I don't expect him to change anytime in the near future or distant future. HTP is HTP. Each of us has our strong points. He's fixed my computer. Twice. Anyway, I need to go out and take care of the weeds. Most of my neighbors must have received similar notices. There are a lot of weeds out there in our neighborhood.

Murphyism of the Day

Baruch's Observation

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

No comments: