Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Word of the Day

Bozone - The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

I've harvested my entire crop of green tomatoes. Although the forecast has been altered and now they're telling me that our overnight temperature on Wednesday night will be 32-degrees, that's still freezing. My recipe for Green Tomato Pickles has been retrieved. I'm also going to try an Italian Green Tomato recipe that HTP's Grandmother used to make. It's basically the same recipe that she used for Pickled Eggplant. I don't know why she actually called it pickled because in my book, you use vinegar to make pickles but...whatever. In her recipe, you salt the cut green tomatoes (or peeled and sliced eggplant) down and let them rest for 24 hours under a weighted plate. After that you squeeze all the moisture out of them, mix them with olive oil, garlic and hot pepper flakes. Cold pack them tightly into sterilized jars. Add more olive oil if needed. Top with lids and rings. Water bath can for 10-15 minutes. HTP remembers this recipe fondly. I'll let you know how it turns out. No ingredient amounts come with her recipe.

Murphyism of the Day

Stewart's Law of Retroaction

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

No comments: