Friday, September 16, 2005

Word of the Day

Escapegoat - No one left to blame.

My back is getting better. As long as I'm careful, I can function in a near normal capacity. This is a good thing. My freezer has been cleaned...by me. I even cleaned the kitchen...somewhat...while I was at it.

I have formulated certain rules when it comes to my back while it's in its present condition.

1. No sudden movements allowed.
2. If you need to reach for something on either side of you, in front of you, or in back of you, let your desk chair do the twisting.
3. If you need to bend down to pick something up from the floor, Think first! Ask yourself the following question, "Do you really need that particular item?" If the answer is yes, widen the stance of your feet and bend from the knees, not the waist.
4. Prolonged sitting in a computer chair is forbidden.
5. Gardening can wait.
6. Think before you empty the dishwasher. See Rule #3.
7. Internal use of alcohol ( in moderation ) is helpful.
8. Long soaking bouts in a jacuzzi are helpful but only if you can actually lever yourself in and out of said jacuzzi without causing further damage.


Aside from that, not much is going on. It's a beautiful day today. Not too hot and not too cold. Oh...and we've already started getting calls for free trips to Laughlin, all expenses paid. From Eau Claire? I told her that we'd think about it...next summer. I've never been a person who felt you should burn your bridges or slam doors in the face of future opportunities.

Murphyism of the Day

Booker's Law

An ounce of application is worth a ton of abstraction.

No comments: