Saturday, September 17, 2005

Word of the Day

Estrogination - The methodical verbal execution of the male species through continuous, pre-medicated nagging.

Another day of thinking about all the things that I would have done if my back wasn't still causing problems. I've read two books and I'm on a third. I did walk the mile up and down my driveway. For some odd reason, I actually thought it might help my back. It didn't. Oh well.

I've got four pounds of venison that my sister sent over, thawing in my fridge. She sent over several packages of "large scraps" that I was told would have to be stewed for a long, long time so a person could actually chew them or...I could grind them up and make something else out of them. I plan to make venison jerky out of the large scraps. Deer Jerky. Tomorrow. My Mom sent over her food dehydrator, so tomorrow I'm all ready to start on my newest project. I'd planned to make beef jerky but the cost of beef has been way too high this summer here in Wisconsin. I noted that the cost of meat in Arizona isn't so prohibitive. I suppose it may have something to do with corn fed beef vs. range beef. My sister also sent over some venison steaks, venison chops, and small scraps. Hugs to my sister. She's getting her freezer all ready for the coming hunt. Hopefully the hunt will be successful and she'll be willing to share next summer.

Murphyism of the Day

Klipstein's Laws As Applied to General Engineering

1. A patent application will be preceded by a similar application submitted one week earlier by an independent worker.

2. Firmness of delivery dates is inversely proportional to the tightness of the schedule.

3. Dimensions will always be expressed in the least usable term. Velocity, for example, will be expressed in furlongs per fortnight.

4. Any wire cut to length will be too short.

No comments: