Sunday, September 18, 2005

Word of the Day

Everywhen - All the time.

I've been making deer jerky today. I'd grind up a pound of meat (venison). Add the spice packets that came with my extruder. And then extrude the whole onto the drying racks. Repeat. Repeat. I could only mix up three batches because I ran out of racks. I know that I can use my convection oven to make the jerky but I figure I'd wait and see. I made one batch of pepperoni jerky, one batch of Cajun jerky, and one batch of original recipe jerky. Actually, I would have used my own recipe, if I could have found it. I left that recipe back in Arizona. One of these days I need to transfer all my recipes onto the computer so I can have them wherever I happen to be. I was going to start on that project this summer but it didn't happen. Maybe I'll tackle that project this winter.

I'm going to try a recipe I found online when I make one of the next three batches of deer jerky. It sounds a lot like my own recipe but since I can't remember my own recipe? We'll see how things work out. I'll use another of the original recipe packets and a Cajun packet for the other two of three. In all, I plan to make six batches of deer jerky. Believe me, that may sound like a lot but once you suck every bit of moisture out of that meat, not much is left.

Murphyism of the Day

Klipstein's Laws on Applied Prototyping and Production- Part I

1. Tolerances will accumulate unidirectionally toward maximum difficulty to assemble.

2. If a project requires "n" components, there will be "n-1" units in stock.

3. A motor will rotate in the wrong direction.

4. A fail-safe circuit will destroy others.

5. A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first.

No comments: