Friday, September 09, 2005

Word of the Day

Elefunk - An elephant-sized depressive mood.

I canned four pints of dilled beans to use this winter in Bloody Marys. I canned two quarts of tomatoes...mostly cherry tomatoes. I still have a flat box of cherry tomatoes should I develop the urge to eat some. Give me a few days and I'll be canning those tomatoes too. I noted that I have enough crushed strawberries in the freezer to make two batches of sugarfree jam. Yesterday, I bottled the blackberry wine that I made. Today, I started another batch. Though cloudy, the blackberry wine that I made tastes great. I figure, given time, that the cloudiness will percipitate down to the bottom of the bottles and I'll end up with a clearer product after I decant it. I need to buy corks. I may need to buy a corker. I can purchase both in the city. Tomorrow?

HTP is going to drive into The Big City all by himself tomorrow morning. He has a load of stuff to bring to #1 son. We were going to go to a wedding reception with HTP's folks but plans change. HTP's Mom isn't feeling up to par so it looks like we'll give the wedding reception a miss. HTP will take the opportunity to visit with his Mom and Dad while he's in The Big City, but I'll stay here to hold down the fort...or The Lake. I may even got into the city to get some groceries.

Murphyism of the Day

Andra's Political Postulate

Foundation of a party signals the dissolution of the movement.

No comments: