Saturday, December 03, 2005

Word of the Day

Hip-hopular - Hip and popular, especially in media or culture.

HTP and I are still researching what to put on our back patio. Saltillo tile (tends to attract stains and needs to be sealed every other year)? Porcelain tile that looks like saltillo tile (costs lots more but you don't have to fuss with it)? Some kind of fake finish (this could scratch and it needs to sealed every five years)? As I said, we're researching. We don't want to make the mistake of another not really Kool-deck fiasco.

Tomorrow I need to leave for church at around 8 AM. I've got an orchestra practice and I'll be playing with the contemporary group. Christmas music. I love playing Christmas music. I sure hope my lip holds up.

Camp Furball Update

Taye and MiMao always seem to be curled up together. Todd doesn't cuddle with anyone. All three greet me at the door in a mass of furry bodies each morning when I go in to feed them. Demanding creatures. They make every attempt at escaping by throwing themselves at the door and rattling the doorknob each morning. Thankfully, they settle down nicely after I give them their huge scoop of food each morning. I'm going to leave the shade open at Camp Furball from now on. I noted that "someone" decided to play with one of my stuffed animals. A tiny stuffed dog that came in a McDonald's Happy Meal. No damage done. I place the dog out of reach...I think. Meanwhile I'm hoping that the trio will resume their efforts at trying to attract the notice of my two chihuahuas who get to play outside their window. So far, the chihuahuas have ignored their every effort.

Human Imponderable of the Day

When we are in the supermarket and someone rams your ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, "It's all right?" Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, "That hurt. Next time get off your cell phone and watch where you're going?"

No comments: